Sign in, Subscribe, Vacations, My Profile

My Account
  • Array ( )
  • Powered by The Journal

Breaking News: Easter egg event Saturday cancelled

How am I supposed to explain it?

Willie,

Why is Andy Brack on a news page instead of the opinion section? He seems to be more opinion than news.

Willie says:

Let me explain. Saturday’s page D1 is always South Carolina government news provided by the Statehouse Report. You’ll notice Lindsay Street writes “hard” news as their correspondent. You’re right about Andy Brack. He’s written a weekly political and policy column in the Statehouse Report and syndicated newspapers since 2003. He’s also the editor and publisher of the whole shebang.

Willie,

The TV show “Celebrity Watch Party” was actually good. I enjoyed watching it. One thing I don’t understand is, why were two of the people lying up in bed? It made no sense.

Willie says:

Say what? I had never heard of that show. After looking it up, it seems “Celebrity Watch Party” was an American reality television series on Fox from May 7 to July 23, 2020. Season one was 11 episodes. The show had celebrities recording themselves watching and reacting to television shows and news stories inside their homes. Fox needed a new show that could be produced “remotely” to fill up their programming gap. As far as being in bed like you asked, I guess that’s where they watch TV. I can’t see myself tuning in to TV to watch other folks filming themselves watching TV. Although if I had insomnia, it might help me fall asleep.

Willie,

There is a commercial on television where a man is looking out of the window at a car. He drives it down the street and a woman passes by him on a motorcycle. He arrives at, I assume, his friend’s house. They exchange a few nonsensical words, and he goes in. What is all that supposed to mean? If you know, how about explaining 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Willie says:

Hey, if you can’t even tell me what product the commercial is touting, how am I supposed to explain it? I have never even seen it. Anybody have a clue?

Willie,

A person wrote saying Trump was “lying” about Biden wanting to defund the police. There are countless videos of Biden stating he would take police funds and move them to other agencies, which in my book, moving funds away from the police is defunding the police. The major police organizations are endorsing Trump because he actually stands up for the police.

Willie says:

You’re right about the police endorsing President Trump. The National Association of Police Organizations, which represents more than 1,000 police units and associations nationwide, is endorsing his re-election bid, recognizing his “steadfast and very public support” of law enforcement officers that protect Americans. He also received the backing of the 335,000 member Fraternal Order of Police in early September.

Willie,

I can’t believe what I just witnessed standing in line at Family Dollar on Wells Highway. The cashier (who refuses to wear a mask) was licking his fingers as he bagged everyone’s groceries! This virus is going to last forever with behavior like that. Much less the fact that so many will be unwilling to be vaccinated. Please, people! Wear a mask and think about what you can do to keep each other safe!

Willie says:

When you see employees violating their company’s own mask policy and doing unsanitary things like that (even in pre-COVID times), you need to report them to management. Period. If that makes me a grouchy old man, so be it.

Willie,

It saddens me to hear all the negative remarks about Oconee Memorial Hospital. I was there a few months ago with pneumonia and received excellent care. I have no, no, no excuses whatsoever. After a weeklong stay, I was sent home. Have a good day, Willie.

Willie says:

I kinda think you mean you have no “complaints” whatsoever. I’m happy you recovered from the pneumonia, and I hope you stay well!

‘Til next time!

Willie

Comments are not intended to reflect views of The Journal’s management or staff and are the opinions of readers submitting them. The Journal makes no guarantee of their accuracy. As for answers, ol’ Willie does his best to get it right.